You’re probably thinking of installing an aluminium door in your home. Good decision! Aluminium doors are a popular choice because they’re affordable, durable, and easy to maintain. But before you purchase or install an aluminium door, there are a few things you should remember. In this article, we’ll cover the do and don’ts of installing an aluminium door. So read on, and when you’re done, you’ll be ready to install your new door like a pro!
What You Need to Know Before You Begin
Installing an aluminium door is a pretty big project, so before you begin, you should ensure that you understand what you’re doing. To help you get started, here are some simple tips:
- Do Measure the opening of your door carefully.
- Do choose a style and color that will complement your home
- Do check the weight limit of your doorframe
- Don’t assume that you can install the door yourself, and it’s a job for a professional.
- Don’t forget to order the necessary hardware
- Don’t overload your doorframe
- Installing an aluminium door is a big investment, so it’s important to ensure that you do it correctly.
The Do’s of Installing an Aluminium Door
Here are a few do’s to keep in mind when installing an aluminium door:
- Always use a level to make sure the door is installed evenly. This is crucial, as an uneven door will not open and close correctly.
- Make sure the door is plumb, that is, perpendicular to the ground. Again, an off-kilter door will not open and close properly.
- Always use a drill to pre-drill holes before inserting the screws. This will help prevent the screws from stripping the wood.
- Make sure the screws are tight but not too tight!
- Always use a caulk gun to apply sealant around the edges of the door.
The Don’ts of Installing an Aluminium Door?
When it comes to installing an aluminium door, there are a few things you should avoid.
- For instance, don’t try to force the door into the frame. That’s a one-way ticket to a broken door.
- Don’t forget to measure the door opening before you start. It might sound like an obvious thing, but you’d be surprised at how many people start installation without checking the measurements. If the door is too big or too small, it’s not going to fit, and you’ll be back at square one. Installing an aluminium door can be a great way to improve the security of your home and increase your curb appeal. But if it’s not done correctly, you could end up with a door that doesn’t fit well, looks terrible, and doesn’t do its job.
What Are the Benefits of Aluminium Doors?
You may be wondering what the benefits of aluminium doors are. Well, here are a few:
- Aluminium doors are incredibly strong and durable. They won’t rust, corrode, or dent, making them a great choice for any application.
- They’re also thermally efficient, meaning they’ll keep your home or office cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. And because they’re so lightweight, they’re easy to install and use less energy to operate than traditional metal or wood doors.
- Plus, they come in a variety of colors and finishes, so you can find the perfect one to match your style.
How to Select the Ideal Aluminium Door for Your residence?
Now that you know a bit more about aluminium doors, it’s time to choose the right one for your home. But how do you do that?
Well, the first step is to measure the opening where you want the door to go. Make sure to measure the height, width, and thickness of the door frame. It’s also a good idea to take into account the style of your home and choose a door that will complement it.
Once you’ve selected the right door, it’s time to get it installed. But be careful installing an aluminium door is not as easy as it seems! If you’re not sure how to do it, it’s best to hire a professional.
How to Maintain Your Aluminium Doors?
So, you’ve just installed your shiny new aluminium door, and you’re probably wondering how to maintain it so that it looks good for years.
Here are a few do and don’ts:
- It should be cleaned on a regular basis with a soft cloth and a mild detergent.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the finish.
- Polish it with a non-abrasive metal polish every few months.
- Don’t use steel wool, as it will leave scratches.
And that’s about it! If you follow these simple tips, your aluminium door will stay looking beautiful for years to come.
You’ve decided to install an aluminium door – good choice! Aluminium is a durable and low-maintenance material that will give your home a sleek, modern look. Our doors are made from the highest quality aluminium, and they are sure to make a big impact on your home. Plus, our doors are incredibly easy to install, so you won’t have to worry about a thing. Simply choose the door style that you want, and Barry Building Supplies will help you out! Give us a call today and see how we can help you get the perfect aluminium door for your home.